- →Sri kalahasthi
- →Puri Jaganath
- →Sholinghur Narasimhar
- →Udupi Krishnamutt
- →Palani Murugan
- →Tiruthani Murugan
- →Swami malai
- →Kukke Subramanya
- →Kanchi Kamakshi
- →Madurai Meenakshi
- →Kanaka Durga
- →Chennai Kalikambal
- Sri Anjaneyar temple is located in Namakkal, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Namakkal is famous for a life size Hanuman Statue(Anjaneynar) carved out of a single stone.
- The idol of Hanuman is approx. 18 feet in height, and stands under open sky.
- Devotees offer sacred tulasi garlands, sweet-scented betel garlands and flower garlands for decorating Sri Hanuman. Devotees offer milk, ghee, honey, sugar and nuts with full of devotion.
|Daily Pooja(morning)||07:00 a.m - 01:00 p.m|
|Daily Pooja(evening)||04.30 p.m - 11:30 p.m|
In Threthayuga, during the Ramayana period, Sri Hanuman lifted the Sanjeevi Mountain from the Himalayas to get medical herbs. He then took the mountain back and replaced it in its original place. When he returned, he brought a salagramam. During his journey, as the sun rose, he went down to the earth and performed the ritual of santhaya vanthanam after placing the salagramam near Sri Mahalakshmi’s tapavanam.
After performing the pooja, Hanuman tried to lift the salagramam, but was unable to move it as easily as before. Suddenly, the salagramam grew larger and Hanuman heard an oracle saying, “Lord Narasimha wishes to stay here and he wants Hanuman to save Sri Ramachandramurthy first of all.” Thus, Sri Hanuman completed his task and came to Namakkal Sthalam on the western side of the rock, where he stands in open air and worships Lord Narasimha Swamy.
- Sri Anjaneyar temple,
- Kottai Naamakkal – 637 001,
- Tamil Nadu,India.
- +91-4286 - 233 999,094438 26099
- Official website information
Special Days In Temple
- Hanuman Jayanthi-It is celebrated to commemorate the birth of Hanuman. It is celebrated on the 15th day of the Shukla Paksha, during the month of Chaitra (the Chaitra Pournimaa).
- Aadi Pooram-The festival is observed to propitiate the goddess Sakti Devi who is said to have come into this world on this occasion to bless the people.
- Vaigasi visaagam (APR - MAY)-Celebrated during visaga nakshathra of Vaigasi month.
- Vaigunda egadasi-Special pooja for lord Aranganathar
- Harvest Festival (Pongal) in January-Pongal festival is celebrated in the temple
- Varuda Urchavam in panguni-15 days celebrated in hastham star. on that day 3 chariot will as THIRU VEEDHI ULLA
Near By Temples
Nearest Major Town/City
- Karur - 43 km from Karur to Naamakkal
- Erode - 50 km from Erode to Naamakkal
How to Reach
- By Air:
Nearest AirPorts are Coimbatore Airport (120 km) & Trichy (85 km).
- By Train:
A new broad-gauge railway line from Salem to Karur via Namakkal has started its service.
- By Road:
Buses ply to cities in Tamil Nadu like Chennai, Coimbatore, Trichy, Madurai, Salem, Erode, Dindigul and Karur.Namakkal is connected to the rest of India through National Highway 7.