- →Sri kalahasthi
- →Puri Jaganath
- →Sholinghur Narasimhar
- →Udupi Krishnamutt
- →Palani Murugan
- →Tiruthani Murugan
- →Swami malai
- →Kukke Subramanya
- →Kanchi Kamakshi
- →Madurai Meenakshi
- →Kanaka Durga
- →Chennai Kalikambal
Pazhamudhircholai Murugan Temple
- Pazhamudircholai Murugan Temple is located near Madurai in the state of Tamilnadu, India.
- It is one of the Arupadaiveedu (6 abodes or holy shrines of Lord Murugan).
|Nadai Thirapu||06.00-18.00 hrs|
There is a famous legend associated with the temple - it is said that Avvaiyar, a famous tamil poet and a Muruga Bakthai(Muruga Devotee), came here when her knowledge was put to test by Lord Muruga, taking the form of a small boy. It is firmly believed that this episode took place at a tree near the temple and the tree is worshipped even today.
The Lord here gives darshan with His two divine consorts, Valli and Devayanai representing the Iccha and Kriya Shakti with the gnana shakti Velayudam on His hand.
As Arunagirinathar’s song mentions, the Lord answers the prayers of His devotees and removes their grief and fulfills their wants.
People pray to Lord Murugan here for wedding, child and academic boons.
Lord Subhramanya blesses those who pray to him with the annihilation of the fruits of action (karma phala) by making the fruits fall down from the tree of samsara.
Special Days In Temple
- Panguni Uthiram-It is celebrated in the month of March
- Vaikasi Visakam-Clebrated in the month of Vaigaasi. Visakam is Lord Muruga’s birthday star.
- Kandha Sashti-Kanta Shasti Vratam is observed once a year in the month of ‘Aippasi' (October–November) starting from the ‘piratamai' the 1st phase of the brightening moon.
- Aadi Krithigai-This is celebrated in the month of May/June.
Near By Temples
Nearest Major Town/City
- Madurai - 9 km from Madurai to pazhamudhircholai
How to Reach
- By Air:
The nearest airport to Pazhamudhircholai is in Madurai
- By Train:
The nearest railway station is Madurai
- By Road:
Regular buses are available from Madurai.