- →Sri kalahasthi
- →Puri Jaganath
- →Sholinghur Narasimhar
- →Udupi Krishnamutt
- →Palani Murugan
- →Tiruthani Murugan
- →Swami malai
- →Kukke Subramanya
- →Kanchi Kamakshi
- →Madurai Meenakshi
- →Kanaka Durga
- →Chennai Kalikambal
- Thirupparamkunram Murugan Temple is located near Madurai in the state of Tamilnadu, India.
- It is one of the Arupadaiveedu (6 abodes or holy shrines of Lord Murugan).
- An interesting feature of this temple is that of deities of Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu facing each other in the main shrine.
- The place is believed to have been visited by ancient tamil saints/poets like Gnana Sambhandar, Sundarar, Sambandhar.
|Vila pooja||07.30 AM|
|Kala Shanthi Pooja||08.00 AM|
|ThiruKala Shanthi Pooja||10.30 AM|
|Uchi Kaala Pooja||12.30 PM|
Tirupuramkundram is one of the six main pilgrimage sites for the devotion of the son of Shiva - Muruga(also Subramanya),Tamil Hindu god of war and patron of Tamil Nadu.According to legend, the Lord married Deivyani, the daughter of Lord Indra at this place.The Tirupuramkundram Temple, Madurai dates back to the sixth century.The antiquity of Tirupuramkundram Temple can very well be gauged from the fact that it finds mention even in the Sangam Literature.
Special Days In Temple
- Panguni Uthiram-It is celebrated in the month of March
- Vaikasi Visakam-Clebrated in the month of Vaigaasi. Visakam is Lord Muruga’s birthday star.
- Kandha Sashti-Kanta Shasti Vratam is observed once a year in the month of ‘Aippasi' (October–November) starting from the ‘piratamai' the 1st phase of the brightening moon.
- Aadi Krithigai-This is celebrated in the month of May/June.
- Thai Poosam-It is celebrated on the full moon in the month of Thai
Nearest Major Town/City
- Madurai - 10 km from Madurai to Thiruparankundram
How to Reach
- By Air
Madurai is the nearest airport.
- By Train:
- By Road:
The Thiruparankundram temple is about 7km from the Madurai to kanyakumari road.